Thursday, October 9, 2008

Moody's Bistro, Truckee


Last night I had another fabulous meal at my favorite restaurant in Truckee: Moody’s, where Executive Chef Mark Estee’s mantra is: “Fresh. Seasonal. Simple. Local.”

Starting the delicious dining experience with a bottle of Gloria Ferrer champagne, I continued on to the amuse bouche of an eggplant tapenade-type taste on a cracker, then the Surf Duo of grilled slippertail and house-cured hamachi with avocado , grapefruit vinaigrette and wasabi tobiko.

I was very glad to be waited on by Diana, who consistently makes excellent food and wine recommendations.

It was at her suggestion that I ordered the arugula frisee salad, even though I’m usually more of a fan arugula. With warm smoked bacon dressing, including generous pieces (see picture) of flavorful bacon luxuriating on the sides of the salad mound, hard-cooked eggs and carmelized onions … this dish really amazed and delighted me.

On Diana’s further recommendation, I chose the pear puff for dessert and was pleased as well. Poached pear, almond cream (delicious!), cinnamon whipped cream, vanilla ice cream and the puff created a very enjoyable ending to one more wonderful meal at my favorite place to eat in Truckee!

Dinner from 5:30 p.m. nightly


Moody's Bistro & Lounge

530.587.8688
10007 Bridge Street
Truckee, CA 96161

No comments: